Skip to main content

Osomatsu San season 3? But why though?

Less than a month ago, Mr osomatsu season 3 was announced. It is set to be released in October of this year.

osomatsu is problematic for a lot of reasons. The one that I most recently thought of this the lazy mixing of beans. They tried to be emotionally charged but gag at the same time, and they added in chronological time. this is one of those animes with heavy pros and cons, but one of its heavy cons is how problematic it is, to put it lightly. Osomatsu-san is definitely the hardcore reflection of how anti-lgbtq modern Japanese culture is. I went over a lot of that in the previous post. but something I just recently thought about is how anything and everything can happen because it's a gag, but if they made it a gag with an open universe, why do they have chronological time in progress? why did they go out of their way to be so emotionally wrenching and sometimes, and then commits major actions that should have major consequences and they don't in others?

they made it pretty clear that they're trying to shed their gag routes from the first two animes, but what can we expect from season 3 that will be four different from season 1 and 2? Something I'm not looking forward to is how progressively problematic the new series became.

Something I feel like they're not going to stop doing is making their own timeline from the original timeline. they had it with Matsuno parents knew each other when they were young, but in the original timeline it's expressed that they didn't meet each other until after they were adults. they also put the individual traits that they made on them as adults on their childhood versions whenever they addressed that part of their lives. that's baseline problematic for me, let alone all the other shit they threw in. And they never address other family members, like the other two animes did. the reboot has left a lot to be desired on how the sextuplets interact with the rest of the world. they definitely went out of their way to achieve being emotionally charged without being real. but what's about to be very real is that a favor man unemployed, this is about to be an anime about a bunch of unemployed people during a time where a bunch of people are unemployed. Is that really the right thing to do?

I'm not saying that mixing things is inherently bad, but they tackle most of the issues in a very inappropriate manner. People who don't know what it's like to have any of these experiences they're putting their characters through having a say on what it's like to have these experiences, like mental health. They really imposed a lot on the characters but then try to make it funny at the same time when really there was some tragic shit going on.

I'm not asking for anime to not make me think and feel feelings, but I am asking for a responsible handling of issues and consistency if you're going to insist on doing this shit. but that's what I'm afraid of about season 3. After they get put back into the same situations and season 1 season 2 has been behaving even more poorly, so I'm expecting things to just be straight up cesspool toxic in season 3. make us feel bad for them because they have mental health issues with even shittier behavior, like mental health issues as an excuse to be shity. and what's up with osomatsu being the leader when he's never the one who comes up with ideas, never knows how to resolve any issues, and no one even likes him? Personal grievance.

What I interpreted from the first two animes is that this is supposed to be whatever it is that's challenging the social norms of its time. in a world where there are a lot of people who are unemployed and not in training or education, just existing as that kind of person is not challenging a social Norm. being a birth defect of anomaly isn't challenging social norms. That's just living your life. let's have laughs. Let's have those serious conversations. but is it too much to ask to move forward and challenging social norms? 6 gross boys objectifying women isn't challenging any social norms. In fact, that's normal. And they never even learn how or why they should stop doing that.

And really, osomatsu-san doesn't make me think. it makes me feel bad for the characters in the time, but they're still shity people doing shity things in a shity heteronormative world. That didn't make me think. It was actually a waste of emotional investment. 

my favorite bit in the whole show is in season 2, The haunted hotel story. The character templates were Karamatsu, Osomatsu, Todomatsu, and Choromatsu. it was short sweet and to the point. It was scary. I felt bad for everybody I need to feel bad for. It was entertaining. It didn't ask too much of me. was it a very "gag anime" thing to do? hell no. Far from it. Did it fit into the format? kind of. It was short and it was based off of an old Japanese and it does, and people put those anywhere. What's important is that I felt the proper level of investment. It's it's like that which made me feel comfortable with openly supporting the franchise. there are so few skits in the reboot that make me want to back that up that hard which is why I'm so afraid of season 3.

But I guess I'll know how bad it was in three years when I finally see it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Takoda Institute and adult education program REVIEW

The video: https://youtu.be/Uxcfu9c28YM this is a review of The takoda Institute adult education on Franklin avenue in Minneapolis Minnesota! Availability - they have reasonable daytime hours, 8 - 3 and 4. Accessibility - as someone who admittedly isn't disabled, I would say that the building is easy to navigate with wide hallways and a lot of movable furniture. The doorways do seem kind of narrow to me, so I don't know how someone with wheelchair would get into some of the rooms. But if someone who isn't wheelchair-bound I don't know what the necessary with is. But they feel narrow to me is an able-bodied person. Location - the main office in a lot of the adult education programs in a right on cedar and Franklin. These are bus routes blue Line, 22, 2, 67, and a 9 mainly. I would say that's a great location with high Public transportation traffic. cedar avenue and Franklin avenue are not so great during rush hour for personal vehicles. they do have their own parking

Cast change 2022 for Sonic and Keanu Reeves as Shadow the hedgehog

I'm just now finding out they did a full recast on Sonic the Hedgehog again. Kurt Thornton is no longer Shadow and Roger Craig Smith is no longer Sonic. I had some very strong opinions more about Kurt Thornton and I'm kind of glad they did a recast. I'm more disappointed that they recasted for people who sound similar instead of just shaking the whole thing up. If you're gonna recast the voice actors why not just go ahead and change the voices to make them sound different and distinguish them from the previous actors? The only one that I could actually tell had been recast was Doctor Eggman because he only sounds slightly different at first, but then he sounded more like his previous voice actor. I also have very strong opinions about how they unceremoniously change voice actors with Sonic the hedgehog. Unceremoniously changing an entire cast is pretty rare throughout the entire industry, but very common when it comes to Sonic the hedgehog. I don't think it's ri

Bewelcome won't get any better

With the recent implosion of Couchsurfing, people are flocking over to bewelcome and trusted roots in great numbers. Trusted Roots is pretty bare-bones in terms of user-to-user communication. They have a private messaging system, and they have a meat system that leaves much to be desired. But TR could possibly be focusing more on hosts and guests rather than Meats, but everything about it is pretty basic. Except for the map. Their map is actually very exceptional. Bewelcome has a lot of obvious potential to replace couch surfing in terms of popularity and usage, but unfortunately it won't. The main reason I've observed is that it's run by an older generation that isn't willing to shake on its Traditional Values for a younger Generations concerns. And my personal experience, I've made a suggestion and a group that were both rejected. I suggested a blocking feature, because with the growth of a user use usage, it's important for people to have agency over